Monday, October 8, 2007

Where to go from here?

First of all, I just want to say thanks to all of you for sharing so honestly about your faith and your questions. I think this group is going to be great - there seems to be a lot here to share and to explore. I"m looking forward to it. :)

I have gone ahead and named everyone as an administrator so if you feel the need to change colors or add quotes (or delete quotes) on the side or whatever, go for it.

From our posts, it looks as if people are interested in studying the following things:
3 People interested in the Old Testament
2 People interested in a Gospel or the Gospels
Paul's Letters
the Apocrypha
a modern novelization of a bible story along with the scripture

Abby has mentioned that it might take a while for a novel to get to her in Greneda, so maybe we should start with something else, and if we think we're going to continue, she could work on getting a novel?

I realize several of us probably do not have a copy of the Apocrypha but I happen to know that Abby does, so I guess that would not be as much of an issue.

So, from what is stated above, where do we want to go? We could pick an Old Testament Book and a Gospel and read them side by side. We could try to study all 4 Gospels at once and their varying portrayal of things. We could follow the liturgy, which has a New Testament and Old Testament lesson for each day, as well as Psalms and readings from Letters (and the Apocrypha too, if we went by the Catholic one). Or we could pick one book in depth.

If you could, please think about it, and either post your first choice or an order of things you're interested in by Wednesday, and we can go from there. I am going to send a Facebook message just to make sure everyone is included who is interested.

I am sorry if this seems tedius, but I want to be sure everyone has input in what we are doing so that everyone feels included and is getting something out of it. If you honestly don't have any preference, feel free to say that.

I"m looking forward to seeing where this goes!

No comments: