Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Answers

1. My name is Wendy, and currently I am living in Carrboro, NC (so I'm sort of Erin's neighbor I think). I just moved here about a month ago. I live with a UNC student from Taiwan. She's very quiet and tiny, and I just found out I think she's 30. Yikes! I'm working as a nanny right now for a pretty well off family with a 2 year old boy (Lucca) and a 4 year old girl (Gabi). Being a nanny is fun and it pays the bills, but I'm working on either finding a part time job or a volunteer opportunity where I feel like I'm making a bigger contribution.

2. A theme song for my life is kind of hard. I'm not all that musical, but I guess "Sister" by Dave Matthews or "A Different Jesus" by Ed Kilbourne.

3. I believe in God, and I believe that God is good and loving and in us all.

4. Lately I've been thinking a lot about worship. What it truly means to worship. And how do I worship? Because I don't really think it's a "worship service." One of my boyfriend's roommates is Jewish, and this week was Simchat Torah, which is the day when they finish reading the Torah (sort of like our lectionary) and to celebrate it they have a huge party where they literally dance with the Torah until 4:00 in the morning, because they are SO EXCITED THAT THEY GET TO START READING THE TORAH ALL OVER AGAIN. That just seems amazing to me. And I wish I got that excited about something.

5. I've been attending compline at an Episcopal church lately, and they sing or chant the psalms which I am really enjoying. There is so much thought and emotion and humanity in them. It's a part of the bible that is not so hard to connect to.

6. Honestly, I'd like to learn more about almost all of the bible.

7. Not yet.

No comments: