Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Gospels

Ok

So . . . most everyone I have talked to seems to be interested in the Gospels. I have spoken to one person who is not so excited about the idea, but everyone else seems really interested. So . . . I think we can start with that and agree to do an Old Testament, perhaps with a novel comparison, next. If you are completley turned off by this idea, please let us know ASAP.

Otherwise, I found a cool website that actually has all 4 Gospels parallel in chronological order. So I think we could go by that, doing one part each week, and see how it goes.

Part one is posted at the link in the title. The verses are as follows:
John 1:1-5
Matthew 1 (all) and 2:1-12
Mark 1:1
Luke 1 (all); 2:1-38; and 3:23B-38

The website lists them actually in order, but I would recommend us each reading them from our own translations and not soley relying on the version on the website.

Ok. So . . . try to read Part 1 and post something before next Sunday, October 21. And feel free to respond to one another's posts as soon as they are up. And let everyone know if you have questions or concerns.

Peace and love,
Amanda

1 comment:

John and Wendy said...

Gospels sound good to me. Thanks for all the effort you're putting in to get this going Amanda!